Saturday, August 12, 2017

If You Think Google Photos AI is Magic

I have always wondered about the real advantage of Google Photos as a free storage strategy. Many people rave about searching all your photos with AI but I have always wondered. 

Its easy to see what it pulls out for you and even that is sometimes pretty poor, like this search for snow.


Admittedly there was no snow in this period and it did find some snow photos later. So we can get an idea of how accurate it is in what it finds - in this case 18 out of 106 photos returned were errors!

The converse error is more difficult to evaluate - how many snow pictures did it not find and what if the one I really needed was one of these?

When I here people saying Google Photos is magic and the answer to photo storage - I am not convinced


No comments:

Post a Comment